Written by Yury Markushin
Wednesday, 07 October 2009 21:45
This is a list of 27 most important chess traits represented in form of quotes from the greatest chess players of all times: Kaparov, Fischer, Karpov, Lasker, Tarrasch and many others. To be good at something we need to understand what and how the greatest think about the subject. That applies to chess as well; by exploring minds of greatest chess players it is possible to better understand the nature of this game. Enough philosophy, enjoy the quotes!
- “The laws of Chess do not permit a free choice:
you have to move whether you like it or not”
- “I look one move ahead... the best!”
- “First-class players lose to second-class players because
second-class players sometimes play a first-class game”
- “Weak points or holes in the opponent's position must
be occupied by pieces not Pawns”
- “In Chess, as it is played by masters, chance is practically eliminated”
- “The passion for playing Chess is one of the
most unaccountable in the world”
- “The older I grow, the more I value Pawns”
- The sign of a great Master is his ability to win
a won game quickly and painlessly”
- “Those who say they understand Chess, understand nothing”
- “One bad move nullifies forty good ones”
- “Every Pawn is a potential Queen”
- “I prefer to lose a really good game than to win a bad one”
- “Chess is a terrific way for kids to build self image and self esteem”
- “When you are lonely, when you feel yourself an alien in the world, play Chess. This will raise your spirits and be your counselor in war”
- “Pawns: they are the soul of this game, they alone
form the attack and defense”
- “Chess is 99 percent tactics”
- “Chess is war over the board. The object is to crush the opponents mind”
- “Chess demands total concentration”
- “Chess is everything: art, science and sport”
- “Chess is the art which expresses the science of logic”
- “A bad plan is better than none at all”
- “Chess is life”
- “The mistakes are there, waiting to be made”
- “Chess is mental torture”
- “When you see a good move, look for a better one”
- “The Pin is mightier than the sword”
- “Without error there can be no brilliancy”
TRY OUR NEW PROGRAM THAT WILL MAKE
A MUCH STRONGER CHESS PLAYER
"A set of daily tasks that are simple, that you can sit down and complete in under 45 minutes daily and you can feel your understanding gradually increasing. It's priceless.” - Reuben Salimu, FIDE Instructor, 1965 ELO
Chess players regret not using our program sooner. The impact is that big.
Here are some reasons to start using 21 Days to Supercharge Your Chess:
- You will learn What and How to study in order to maximize your results.
- You will see exactly how chess masters think in complex positions.
- You will improve all aspects of the game: tactics, positional play, endgames and the openings
- You will save time and start winning games in no time!
Click here to find out more.
Last Updated on Sunday, 20 December 2009 12:48